Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful


I managed to get some shots of the ongoing snowfall here in Manitoba this morning. We got about 4 inches yesterday and they're saying we'll have another 4 by nightfall.

Here's what my driveway looks like. Bear in mind it was cleared by my wonderful neighbour at 3:30 yesterday afternoon, so this is just what we got overnight.

And this is what Rosemary's Baby's tutor had to drive through to get here this morning. The girl deserves a medal.

I really need to get to town for some eggs and milk, but I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow when the plows have been out. I'm told in order to get down the highway, I need 4-wheel drive and I won't get out of third gear. I have no idea what that means, but it somehow doesn't sound like a job for my Chevy Malibu.

So, today I will hijack America's beloved November holiday and be thankful that I have enough milk in the fridge to keep us going until tomorrow!

Happy Thanksgiving, my American friends!

6 comments:

In Real Life said...

Wow! That's tons of snow. Luckily, it has stopped snowing here for now, and has actually warmed up a bit, it's -4 degrees today!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, yes! Winters in Manitoba! I remember them well. *wipes tear from eye* Stay warm!

Jude@ThisJewels4You said...

Happy snow day, I think.

Frostbite and Sunburn said...

Stay warm - we're up to a balmy 1 degree today!

GLENDA BROOKS said...

Here in Tennessee, we awoke at 3:30am to rain and 50 degrees. The temps are supposed to fall with highs for the day only in the 40's. What a beautiful scene to look out upon! Keep that malibu parked for a day or so until it is safe to be driving! when they say 4 wheel drive, that is what they mean!

Laural Out Loud said...

I saw the pictures and thought, wow, so much space! I'ts like the middle of nowhere! Then I read your profile, which states exactly that, lol. It looks gorgeous. Hopefully the kids are out in it having a blast.