Mad Woman?


Thank heavens for the time change. If we hadn't been turning the clocks back this weekend, I'd never have gotten in my third post of the week. Whew! This must be what it's like to have a job!

With the ongoing popularity of a little show called Mad Men, it occurs to me that I would be perfect at advertising. And also wearing all those curvy, ladylike dresses. But let's get back to the advertising for a moment.

Since the ad agencies are clearly not on the ball enough to recognize my natural talent, I'm not currently getting any money to advertise anything. So I'm going to have to make my case using a product that I personally endorse, but that I am not actually being paid to peddle.

I have recently discovered a new (read: REALLY OLD) miracle product in the world of skin care. This product is fantastic, and apparently French women love it, so you know it has to be good. You scoop some of this stuff into your hands, rub it all over your face and then wipe with a warm washcloth and, voila! Soft, youthful skin right before bed. It's like a guarantee of a good night's sleep!

Here's my ad:

Brilliant, no?! I really should be getting paid for this. Though alternatively, I would also take ten minutes alone in a hotel room with Don Draper. Deal!

Now, I'm off to turn those clocks back and use that extra hour for beauty sleep. The Ponds people are good, but they're not miracle workers.

Comments

Glenda said…
Oh yeah baby! I use this stuff still. Now I do have a few wrinkles, but let's face it.....I'm old! I swear by this!
How was that extra hour of beauty sleep? LOL....I've never tried Ponds before. I'll have to give it a try sometime.
Stephanie Faris said…
It makes me want to buy it.

Oh, and finish the ad off with that last part, about the time change. Although you could only run the ad once a year!
And the scent of Ponds Cold Cream is unmistakeable! As a teenager, I used to use it to take off mascara -- nothing better than Ponds for that little job! Never actually used it as a moisturizer though. But then, duh, teenager! -- no need to then!
Unknown said…
I think it's such a clever slogan, it makes me want to try it!
So here's a q for you...why would you do this ad without contacting Ponds first to let them know you want to do a review/giveaway? That's how you make $$ in the ad game!
Wendy said…
Well, it's true that they got some free advertising out of me, but I'm betting my witty slogan wouldn't have made it past the first proof-read!
But you make a good point. There are a lot of blogs out there advertising all kinds of stuff for free on a regular basis. If you're going to advertise for real, you should be getting something out of it. In reality, the ad game is not for me. I blog for the creative outlet, nothing more.
Janine said…
I think you are a natural!!
My grandma swore by Ponds and my mother by Nivea!!
Hope all is well!
Angela said…
I have to try it then. : )
Tamara Dawn said…
I forgot about Ponds cold cream! So do you wipe it completely off or leave some on your skin overnight?

I've been using some great products that have helped my awful skin but they are pretty pricey. Ponds is like what? $3.00 a jar?
I've never tried it but your winning slogan is tempting! And it certainly seems to have graced the shelves at stores for as long as I can remember.

Popular posts from this blog

Hi. I'm Knitwit, and I'm a Purse-a-holic.

Obama in Ottawa

Awards and Flowers