Shield Your Eyes!

I got a little behind in posting last week, but when you have a craft to share that could potentially blind your loyal blog following, it's not the sort of thing you want to go rushing into.

I decided long ago that wearing ratty old sweats to bed was not my thing. And just in case you're now worried that you're about to see a picture of me in some skimpy lacy leather thing that covers next to nothing, rest assured--that's not my thing either. But I do like something comfy that is also not falling apart at the seams, so every so often I make myself a new pair of pyjama pants.

This past week, things warmed up considerably in these parts. Finally, it actually feels like June! So I was in the market for some lighter weight PJ pants to celebrate the rising temperatures. I've been trying hard to stay out of the fabric store and instead work through some of my stash downstairs. Put on your sunglasses, people. This is what I came up with:


Yes, they're crazy. No, I'm not sure if they'll glow right through the blankets and keep me up all night. But, I have to say, they're kind of fun! I inherited this wild fabric from my mother, who was perhaps planning to make herself a clown costume??! So, my new PJ pants were completely free. As well they should be...

In other news, my Monday started off with the Captain departing for a few days at an ungodly hour. RB was also up and raring to go at 5AM, and Firstborn dragged himself up the stairs, late as usual, and greeted me with the obvious question: "Mom, what's an orgy?"

So apparently it's going to be that kind of week...

Comments

Glenda said…
First off your sewing skills are wonder, but they are "Yellow". Next I love that you can wear that pattern sideways, but they are "yellow". Next you are right on point with fashion with the length...but again...they are "yellow". I could never, never wear that color, but they look great on you!
Jenny said…
Super cute!

And happy!

Happy is always good!

Think of all the sweet dreams you'll have in those nifty nightwear!
Laeli said…
I LOVE them! So bright and cheery. You did good work.
Oh man, I think I burned my retinas!! Only kidding. You did warn us about the brightness! Glad to hear your household is active. Enjoy your week!! Jude
Unknown said…
They're really cute pj's!

Hee Hee: I laughed out loud at First Born's question! Love moments like that! :)

Sounds like your day was off to a super-early start!
Dimple said…
Well, now...they are bright, and full of zig-zags, but I like them! I think your mom must have been fabric shopping about 1970 to find such a pattern!

Popular posts from this blog

Hi. I'm Knitwit, and I'm a Purse-a-holic.

Obama in Ottawa

Awards and Flowers