Saturday, June 1, 2013

My Movie Date

Yet another busy week, and no crafts to show for it!

The Captain will be deploying to parts unknown shortly, so last night, Firstborn and I took the opportunity to   see a movie together. GI Joe: Retaliation was playing at the local theatre. As it turns out, I simply do not have the attention span for action films. From the 30-minute point onwards, I was repeatedly asking myself where the heck Channing Tatum had gone. I'm still not sure what the answer is, and I don't really care enough to check Wikipedia to find out. Throughout most of the fight scenes, I wasn't sure who were supposed to be the good guys, and who were the bad guys. And at one point, I fell asleep. Thankfully, when I woke up the credits were rolling. What I could understand of the plot was pretty silly, there were a lot of unnecessary explosions (though to be fair, it was rated 14A and I took my 9 year-old anyway. Mother of the Year!), and Bruce Willis' joke about having high cholesterol just made me feel old and sad. Bottom line: Firstborn thought it was awesome.

I should have a craft to share next week. Really.

2 comments:

Kelly Sheehy said...

It's nice that you had a chance to have a little nap! I have dozed off during a few movies that I have brought the kids to, too. :)

Jenny said...

Maybe that's the solution for daytime naps.

I can never fall asleep during the day no matter how cranky...ummm...I mean tired I am.