My Movie Date

Yet another busy week, and no crafts to show for it!

The Captain will be deploying to parts unknown shortly, so last night, Firstborn and I took the opportunity to   see a movie together. GI Joe: Retaliation was playing at the local theatre. As it turns out, I simply do not have the attention span for action films. From the 30-minute point onwards, I was repeatedly asking myself where the heck Channing Tatum had gone. I'm still not sure what the answer is, and I don't really care enough to check Wikipedia to find out. Throughout most of the fight scenes, I wasn't sure who were supposed to be the good guys, and who were the bad guys. And at one point, I fell asleep. Thankfully, when I woke up the credits were rolling. What I could understand of the plot was pretty silly, there were a lot of unnecessary explosions (though to be fair, it was rated 14A and I took my 9 year-old anyway. Mother of the Year!), and Bruce Willis' joke about having high cholesterol just made me feel old and sad. Bottom line: Firstborn thought it was awesome.

I should have a craft to share next week. Really.

Comments

Unknown said…
It's nice that you had a chance to have a little nap! I have dozed off during a few movies that I have brought the kids to, too. :)
Jenny said…
Maybe that's the solution for daytime naps.

I can never fall asleep during the day no matter how cranky...ummm...I mean tired I am.

Popular posts from this blog

Hi. I'm Knitwit, and I'm a Purse-a-holic.

This Post Brought To You In 1-Minute Increments

Obama in Ottawa