World's Laziest Family Celebrates Christmas

That week between Christmas and New Year's Eve is my favourite one of the whole year. I realized during a discussion with my brother this past weekend that you can tell an optimist from a pessimist by how he or she approaches New Year's Eve. For me, it's all about tying up the loose ends of the past year, and then starting fresh with a plan to change my life for the better. Is there anything more thrilling than that? However, if New Year's Eve reminds you of all the stuff you didn't accomplish this year and makes you want to drink a bottle of vodka before hanging yourself with the Christmas tinsel, that's equally justified. But you should probably be aware that if this is the case, you might be a pessimist.

Optimist or not, I don't think I could ever be accused of having an elegant holiday season:


The fact that RB put on underwear for Christmas dinner was about the best any of us could expect. And please note, this photo was taken at 2PM and I was the only one in it who had bathed or changed into clean clothes. Do you like my new scarf?

In addition to the scarf, I'm also the proud owner of my very own Kindle! I learned to use it by loading an Agatha Christie novel onto it. That woman was a hoot!

In other noteworthy Christmas news, the Captain got a shoe horn in his Christmas cracker. A SHOE HORN. I'm taking this as a sign that I need to just make my own crackers next year.

And now I have just under 4 days to finish everything I started in 2011 (and by this, I mean the dregs of that Bath and Body Works lotion sitting on my bathroom counter) and figure out my New Year's resolutions, what to wear for the big (quiet, stay-at-home) party, and plan the menu. I also have a date with Miss Marple.

Happy Holidays!

Comments

Did you buy a box of 6 crackers...for 10.00...from Wallies? Red and silver? Wondering how I might know this?
Glenda said…
Great photo of the family! I love the crowns. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. We are racing to the New Year and I'm just cooling my heals. Coasting into it this year. No party for the old folks, just a good dinner and early to bed.
Love it! Happy New Year to you and the family!
Dimple said…
I mostly just let New Year's Eve and Day go right on by...

Love your family portrait, it is just what it should be in a family with boys!
Linda said…
We don't make a big deal of New Year's, but I always enjoy the idea that we get to start fresh. And most importantly, we're getting that extra minute of sunlight every day or so now!
Granny Bob said…
Glad you had a good Christmas and love the picture. Hope you have a happy new year, if you need more felt give me a call have some looking for a home where it will get used. I look forward to the new year more to learn, like what is a kindle, maybe that should go on my list for things to work for. Take care and enjoy your family!
Janine said…
Love that photo Wendy!! And a facial and a massage!! How heavenly! Christmas at it's best!
Shoe Horn in crackers...girl you've got me curious!!!

Love that family shot! What fun!!

We're havin' our Christmas here on the Ponderosa Saturday. I tell ya, ya gotta have it when ya can corral 'em all!

God bless ya and have yourself a fantastic New Year sweetie!!! :o)
Anonymous said…
When I read the title of this post I thought you were talking about us! Trust me you are NOT the world's laziest family, we've got that one covered.

Happy New Year!
Unknown said…
What a gorgeous family photo! Happy New Year! Happy Reading! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Hi. I'm Knitwit, and I'm a Purse-a-holic.

Obama in Ottawa

Awards and Flowers