I got an award! Look at this:
Thanks, Suburban Princess! I get called a lot of things these days, but "stylish" isn't usually one of them, so this was a very pleasant surprise!
In accepting this award, I'm supposed to tell you 7 things about myself, and I thought I'd keep it style-themed, just to prove there are still a few brain cells lighting up in there. Or whatever it is brain cells do when they're working...
1. I prefer pearls to diamonds, though I won't say no to either.
2. I own 22 pairs of boots. Don't ask.
3. Covered in animal hair is, unfortunately, my signature look.
4. I rarely wear necklaces or bracelets because I have a short, pudgy neck and a kid who likes to yank things. But I won't leave the house without earrings, one chunky cocktail ring on my right hand (wedding set on the left) and a watch on my right wrist.
5. Finding a label I couldn't possibly afford new, in my size at the thrift store for under $10 is the most thrilling feeling in the world. If it still has the original tags attached, I might lose consciousness.
6. I don't own many dresses because I have a rare condition called upside-down-butternut-squash syndrome. I'm a size 8 on the bottom, and a 10 (at best) on top. I like to think of it as God's ultimate practical joke as I try not to topple over from my top-heaviness.
7. I'm no fashion snob, and I like a frugal ensemble as much as the next girl, but I never cheap out on regularly-worn footwear. That's the kind of thing that'll come back to haunt you when you're 80.
I don't generally pass these things on, usually for lack of time, but I do have a few blog buddies who really deserve this award:
In Real Life: She's training for a marathon and doing it in style. I'm inspired!
Glenda: A serious paper crafting pro. She's the epitome of style!!
Melanie: She's focusing on the bigger picture, abandoned her purse addiction (crazy!!) and is getting us all connected. Join the discussion!
Check these girls out. They have all the style of a room full of Vogue editors, without the attitude or eating disorders!
Wishing you all a stylish Wednesday!