Forget Leprechauns! This Year I'm All About the Smurfs.

I always look forward to St. Patrick's Day, even though there's no evidence anywhere that I have any Irish in me whatsoever. Why? One word: FOOD!

Every year, I make a batch of Irish soda bread, some cabbage and potatoes, and my favourite thing ever, the Steak and Guinness Pie! Of course, I also have a drink (or three), and I usually make the kids some sort of greenish milkshake-type concoction as well.

The music I could live without, but who can pass up an excuse to pinch everyone who forgot to wear green? Of course, if you REALLY like doing that, don't move onto an army base. It's kind of counterproductive.

But today, my favourite colour is actually not green, it's blue. And that's because blue is the colour I chose for my bathroom walls! Yes! After years of white (because we rented), followed by a couple of years of brown (because that seemed like a safe choice), I've finally taken the leap into colour! And I love it!

I didn't do it by halves either. No wishy-washy pastels for me. I grabbed that paint sample in my fist, and pointed to the first bright, deep shade that called out to me. It was called something like "Prelude" on the sample, but after a few comments from friends and family on my colour choice, I've realized what shade of blue it actually is. Smurf! And I'm still not apologetic. So there!

Renovations are like childbirth. While they're happening, you swear you're never going to put yourself through it again. When they're over, you immediately forget the pain and want to know where to sign up for the next one. So, look out dining room. You're next!

Today, I'm loving my new bathroom AND eating food made with beer. What could possibly be better than that?!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Comments

Nancy said…
Woohooooo! Nicely done. You go girl! Happy St. Paddy's day!
Deb Neerman said…
WTG! Your new b-room must be sooooo beauteous!
Janine said…
Hi Wendy!! I LOVE the color of your bathroom.. What a fabulous choice.
Mazeltov!!

Popular posts from this blog

Hi. I'm Knitwit, and I'm a Purse-a-holic.

Obama in Ottawa

Awards and Flowers