Obama in Ottawa

Last night, we fought some crazy traffic and squeezed into the tiniest seats I've ever seen for a chance to hear Barack Obama speak.

As you can see, we weren't wealthy enough to afford the good seats up front.

Luckily, we had an excellent view of the Jumbotron!

Let it never be said that Major Dad and I have the skills to take a good selfie...

Those seats were seriously so tiny, the only thing that stopped me from getting up taking a walk to ease my back pain was the knowledge that the drop was so steep, jumping up might cause me to topple right off the balcony and be tackled by Obama's Secret Service detail. This is assuming I survived the fall. I truly don't know how Senators fans do it.

It was a fun (and incredibly expensive) evening. Obama is a smart and interesting man. He discussed (among other things) how the current state of the world is part of a pattern seen throughout history, and how many young people are doing the important work that needs to be done to bring about better times. In his usual dignified way, he didn't slag anyone off or say anything wildly controversial, but he has a great way of leaving you feeling some optimism in a truly depressing political climate.

So, we're broke but hopeful. Not a terrible way to start the weekend. Happy June!

Comments

I feel your pain about the seats/ticket cost. Michelle Obama came through Edmonton not too long ago on her book tour and those ticket prices were astronomical too. I'm glad you enjoyed his evening though!

Popular posts from this blog

Hi. I'm Knitwit, and I'm a Purse-a-holic.

Awards and Flowers