You Might Be An Airhead If...

Today, as I was driving to pick Rosemary's Baby up from his last day of nursery school (boo hoo!), a light popped on on my dashboard display. So, after picking him up, I swung into our local garage and ran in, waving my arms and yelling "My battery light's on! My battery light's on!"


They all know me there, and despite the fact that I'm frequently doing stupid things with my car that they then have to fix, they're always very nice to me. Maybe they feel sorry for me because my husband is never around to put out all my car-related fires. Maybe they think ditzy girls are cute. I don't know. But as always, they dropped everything, pulled my car in and got right to work. Five minutes later, the mechanic came out with the diagnosis.


"Um, that wasn't your battery light. That was your engine light. But your car's fine. Your thermostat just might need to be changed sometime soon."


So, just in case anyone else out there is as completely out-of-touch as I am with the most basic of car symbols, here's what a battery light looks like:




And here's what an engine light looks like:




Exactly HOW have I survived 7 months alone here being that much of an airhead?!!

Comments

Well.....you might not know if you didn't see them side by side!
Oh come on now, give yourself more credit. I tell my husband all the time that I can change a tire on my truck, its called....you ready....calling AAA. LOL..
Yes if I had to I could change a tire. Jude
Just Jen said…
Ahahahaha!! It took me 3 weeks [and a warning ticket] to realize that the light that would only be on sometimes, [when I hit my breaks] was actually telling me I had a break light out!!

We might be long lost sisters!!
Unknown said…
Awwww...easy mistake to make. At least you have nice people at the garage that you can go to! I have just found nice garage people, and I think they're a blessing!
MOMSWEB said…
Well, my husband is here and aware that I've been riding around with a service engine light on for months! Hmmmm...
Glenda said…
OK Girl.....Breathe!
Angela said…
LOL... I am not too good with car thing too. I once yelled at my car dealer because my AC didn't work. In the end, he looked at me and said (straight face), Ms. XXX, you didn't turn on the AC button. : )
Anonymous said…
Hey, don't feel bad. The dashboard has a kabillion (no that's not a real word lol I like to make up words, so just go with it) lights that we'll never know what they all mean unless we study the owner's manual like we are studying for finals in college and what loser has time to do that? lol

Popular posts from this blog

Obama in Ottawa

Hi. I'm Knitwit, and I'm a Purse-a-holic.

Awards and Flowers