A WAY Old Award and My First Post

I got tagged twice yesterday, and this reminded me that AGES ago, the fabulous Janine bestowed this award upon me, and it's been sitting in my picture folder waiting to be waved around by me ever since:





So, a very belated thank-you to Janine!!

Heather and In Real Life (go check 'em out!) both tagged me and the rule is that I'm to re-post my very first blog post. Since I know most of you weren't with me right at the beginning, I thought you might like to take a gander at the nervous breakdown that started it all. Prepare yourselves. Here is my very first post, written on September 25th, 2008. It is aptly titled "Poo Incident #6". Enjoy!


Don't you love it when posts start out this way?

I realize now how spoiled I was with my first child. "Incidents" involved things like bottles of chocolate syrup being spilled all over the living room and then mashed into the carpet, or entire jars of Vicks Vapo-Rub being smeared through his hair. One unhappy episode involved me ill-advisedly allowing him to play with the spice jars while I yakked on the phone to a friend living at the other end of the country. Who knew that a 3 year-old playing with a jar of dried hot peppers could be so disasterous? You know what happened--he rubbed his eyes. Well, these were the good old days.

My youngest is a 2 year-old hellion. On a good day, I secretly think of him as Rosemary's Baby. He has little interest in chocolate sauce and hot peppers (yet), but is oddly fascinated with the contents of his diaper, and more specifically what he can do with it. About 6 or 8 months ago, I opened his bedroom door to wake him up from his afternoon nap, to be met with the unmistakeable odour of poop and a wall mural that can only be described as inspired. Since then, we've had a handful more of these little events. I've yelled and not yelled, laughed and put on my serious face, filled his room with toys and books to keep him occupied and thrown out several poo-covered copies of Goodnight Moon, but nothing seems to stop little Poo-casso. I have noticed that the murals themselves are evolving. What was once a hypnotic series of smears and handprints now looks a little more like some long-forgotten series of ancient hieroglyphics, but let's move away from art appreciation for a moment...

For the record, the best way to remove dried poo from the wall is with a good brush for scrubbing and a bowl of soapy water. The best way to keep from murdering your toddler is to laugh. Hysterically. At everything.

Comments

Unknown said…
Oh my goodness! I am empathetic about the actual incident and your frustration level, but I have to say, your writing is hilarious! You have such a way with words!
I could not help but laugh, I'm sorry. What no pictures. Thanks for sharing. Jude
Linda said…
I liked 'Poo-casso'!
Heather said…
I loved reading your response and seeing where you started from.
laterg8r said…
totally hilarious post - mine was lame, it just said "under construction, please stand by" LOL :D
What a great way to kick off your blog - it does make me, however, glad that "smellyvision" is still a long way off !

Congrats on the award.
Deb Neerman said…
LOLOL, I'm laffin'! And I haven't even seen poo on the wall today! There's always tomorrow, though ...

Seriously, I think you need to share photos of the Poo-casso's with us. Go ahead, we'll wait ...
Melanie said…
Because you make me laugh, and each day I hope you have a new entry on your blog - realizing that I have no idea how you find the time to write ! I have given you the Sunshine award on my blog

Thanks For letting peek into your world and bringing a little bit of sunshine into mine!

Melanie
Janine said…
Thanks to you too sweetie!! Aren't there any teenagers in town that need to do community service hours for school that could help with the poo on the walls? Then you could have a Mona Lisa moment!! LOL!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Obama in Ottawa

Hi. I'm Knitwit, and I'm a Purse-a-holic.

Awards and Flowers