25 Things About Me

Today I was tagged on Facebook. I'm supposed to make a list of 25 facts about myself and post them in a note. Since I am far too technologically illiterate to figure out how to post a note on Facebook, I thought I'd post them here instead and kill two birds. Please forgive my excessive self-indulgence.

1. In 2007, two weeks before my 34th birthday, I was caught trespassing at the town dump.

2. I love zesting citrus fruits.

3. I claim to read romance novels for research purposes only, but I secretly love them.

4. I played with Barbie until I was 12. I still knit Barbie clothes.

5. If I could redo my education, I'd skip university and take culinary arts instead.

6. During my last home renovation, I laughed loudly when we found four wear-'em-with-a-belt 1969 maxi pads stuffed behind the living room drywall.

7. I dreamed of owning a "Fame" T-shirt when I was 8, but never got one.

8. I like being the little dog when playing Monopoly.

9. I met my husband in an unusual way. Tune in Saturday for the full story.

10. Having spent a chunk of my childhood in England, I still pronounce the following words the English way, but not with an English accent: mosquito, apricot, hovercraft, tour, buoy.

11. I am the ultimate recycler. I have re-used those twisty things from children's toy packaging, paint chips, the brown tape from inside a chewed-up video, and mesh onion bags, to name a few.

12. As a child I aspired to be a roller derby champion.

13. Dill and shellfish are the only foods I dislike.

14. I haven't had a professional haircut since early 2005.

15. In the controversial toss-up for Most Disgusting Person Ever Associated With The NFL, I choose Michael Vick.

16. I loved Home Ec, but was encouraged by every teacher I ever had to take math and science instead. I still ended up with an English degree, a craft-and-cooking habit, and a hatred of all things science.

17. I love it when people celebrate their divorces with cake.

18. When I was little, I called my bum crack my "stripe".

19. I can remember every detail of the route from Basildon to Oxford, and could probably still do it without a map.

20. I find Firstborn's art, which deals mostly with video games and superheroes, very amusing.

21. My sewing machine is a fantastic 1970's-era Janome, and is a hand-me-down from my mother in-law. It is the machine responsible for my husband's yellow tap dancing costume and his purple bell-bottom leisure suit. These days, it is only used for good.

22. I didn't like coffee until I was pregnant with Firstborn and couldn't stop drinking it (decaf, of course).

23. If I had to spend the rest of my life on a deserted island, I'd take the following items with me: How to Be a Domestic Goddess, Sirius Satellite Radio, Hugh Laurie.

24. I paint my toenails in the summer, but I never paint my fingernails.

25. My kids make me scream and laugh, alternately.

Comments

Janine said…
Nice to get to know you... just a little bit better!!

Popular posts from this blog

Hi. I'm Knitwit, and I'm a Purse-a-holic.

This Post Brought To You In 1-Minute Increments

Obama in Ottawa