Today I was tagged on Facebook. I'm supposed to make a list of 25 facts about myself and post them in a note. Since I am far too technologically illiterate to figure out how to post a note on Facebook, I thought I'd post them here instead and kill two birds. Please forgive my excessive self-indulgence.
1. In 2007, two weeks before my 34th birthday, I was caught trespassing at the town dump.
2. I love zesting citrus fruits.
3. I claim to read romance novels for research purposes only, but I secretly love them.
4. I played with Barbie until I was 12. I still knit Barbie clothes.
5. If I could redo my education, I'd skip university and take culinary arts instead.
6. During my last home renovation, I laughed loudly when we found four wear-'em-with-a-belt 1969 maxi pads stuffed behind the living room drywall.
7. I dreamed of owning a "Fame" T-shirt when I was 8, but never got one.
8. I like being the little dog when playing Monopoly.
9. I met my husband in an unusual way. Tune in Saturday for the full story.
10. Having spent a chunk of my childhood in England, I still pronounce the following words the English way, but not with an English accent: mosquito, apricot, hovercraft, tour, buoy.
11. I am the ultimate recycler. I have re-used those twisty things from children's toy packaging, paint chips, the brown tape from inside a chewed-up video, and mesh onion bags, to name a few.
12. As a child I aspired to be a roller derby champion.
13. Dill and shellfish are the only foods I dislike.
14. I haven't had a professional haircut since early 2005.
15. In the controversial toss-up for Most Disgusting Person Ever Associated With The NFL, I choose Michael Vick.
16. I loved Home Ec, but was encouraged by every teacher I ever had to take math and science instead. I still ended up with an English degree, a craft-and-cooking habit, and a hatred of all things science.
17. I love it when people celebrate their divorces with cake.
18. When I was little, I called my bum crack my "stripe".
19. I can remember every detail of the route from Basildon to Oxford, and could probably still do it without a map.
20. I find Firstborn's art, which deals mostly with video games and superheroes, very amusing.
21. My sewing machine is a fantastic 1970's-era Janome, and is a hand-me-down from my mother in-law. It is the machine responsible for my husband's yellow tap dancing costume and his purple bell-bottom leisure suit. These days, it is only used for good.
22. I didn't like coffee until I was pregnant with Firstborn and couldn't stop drinking it (decaf, of course).
23. If I had to spend the rest of my life on a deserted island, I'd take the following items with me: How to Be a Domestic Goddess, Sirius Satellite Radio, Hugh Laurie.
24. I paint my toenails in the summer, but I never paint my fingernails.
25. My kids make me scream and laugh, alternately.