Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day, kids!

For the third year in a row, I am celebrating alone while the Captain is off having fun with the army. It's already looking like next year will bring more of the same. So I'm starting to learn that if I want romance on February 14th, I'm going to have to create it for myself.

I was trying to think today about all the little, insignificant things that I love. Because all the big, super-significant things I love seem to exist on this earth for the sole purpose of breaking my stuff and making messes and smells, which isn't romantic at all.

But my heart isn't quite in it this year. I'm trying to prepare for our (stressful, horrendous, scary) family vacation next week. Between that and Firstborn's declaration that I have to make a heart-shaped dessert tonight (I don't even own a heart-shaped cookie cutter), it was all I could do to think up ONE romantic thing to post. So here you have it. A band I have always loved for its inherent ability to heap on the romance, but hold the cheese.





I promise to try my darndest to leave you with a proper post before we head out next week. I hope your Valentine's Day is filled with love, romance, and only a minimum of mess.

Comments

Happy Valentines Day!! I am not baking a heart shaped anything though I do have a one layer choc cake in the oven now!
Love this! Hubby put this cd in my car when we first started dating!
Deb Neerman said…
Awwwwwwww, so sorry to hear you're havin' a crappy Valentine's Day. Better days are coming, Kiddo!

Seriously, the day is gonna come when you'll miss those l'il stuff-breakin', mess-makin' stinkers. They grow up and are off on their own lives soooooo fast it doesn't seem possible.

I didn't think it would happen, but in my secret Mommy heart, I miss those days. Especially on the l'il stinkers birthdays ...

Have a great vacay and, as Tim would say, 'enjoy the journey!'

PS: Thanks for the Crowded House; you do metaphors good!!

~Valentine Day's Hugs!!
Jenn said…
Happy Valentines Day anyway. Its at least an excuse to glue red and pink things to other red and pink things.
Ah - good song!

There's nothing like a romantic dinner for five on Valentine's day !!
Unknown said…
What did you make for your heart shaped dessert? I hope your day turned out nice.

Popular posts from this blog

Obama in Ottawa

Hi. I'm Knitwit, and I'm a Purse-a-holic.

Awards and Flowers