Ahem...

As you may or may not recall, I've been taking a self-portrait a day all month in hopes of learning how to use the manual settings on my camera. I've been having a lot of fun with it, and until yesterday was starting to feel that I had a really good, perhaps even expert, understanding of my camera. Here's what changed my mind.

On day one (August 1st) I switched the camera to manual and proceeded to take my first self-portrait. The shutter took an inordinately long time to kick in. I figured this must be some strange feature of the camera when set to manual, and thought nothing more of it.

For the next 19 days (August 2nd through August 20th), I took photographs of myself in various poses, waiting patiently each time for the shutter to take its sweet time going off.

On day 21 (August 21st) I was fiddling around looking at the information on the display screen. It was only then that it dawned on me. I'd had the 12-second self-timer on the entire time...

Please note that in my self-portrait for day 21, I'm looking a tad sheepish.

Comments

Stephanie Faris said…
12 seconds...that's a long time! I think mine's on 5 but it never seems long enough. I'm never ready! Your self-portraits look great.
Deb Neerman said…
LOLOLOLOL, tooooo funny!

But you could say that you had a remarkable-photography-break-through-moment. Perspective IS everything ...

And you're cute, you cute thang!
Fantastic - that is soooo something I would have done too! At least your learning something every day tee hee!!!
Jeannette StG said…
How funny! Sorry we're all laughing - it's because we could see ourselves doing the same!
Janine said…
Do you mind it I call you a knitwit???!!! HA!!!
Miss. Oxymoron said…
Hahaha that's hilarious!!! My mom did something similar to that! Anyway, i love the picture!! Even if you DID have to wait 12 seconds for it! haha!
Anonymous said…
This so sounds like something I'd do . . . . . .
Wendabubble said…
Well done!

12 seconds is useful when it is dark it lets in as much light as possible.

On the other hand when something is moving very quickly like a car then a fast shutter speed is advisable.

The only way to learn is by making mistakes, I still make them and I have been using a camera for at least 10 years!

The main thing is having fun 80/20 of the time lol

Popular posts from this blog

Hi. I'm Knitwit, and I'm a Purse-a-holic.

Obama in Ottawa

This Post Brought To You In 1-Minute Increments