Oh Captain, My Captain!

This one's going to be short and sweet. I know that's a little ironic considering I've already been MIA for the better part of a week now, but look what the Captain bought me!! Yes, it's a Cuttlebug!!
The Captain is funny about the whole Christmas gift-buying thing. If he knows I want something but I don't ask him for it, he'll go out and buy it for me, all excited and pleased with himself because he knows it will be a fun surprise. But if I make the mistake of actually mentioning that I want something (or, say, listing it right in my blog), for him the fun kind of dissipates and he doesn't bother, preferring to think of something else all by himself. So I wasn't surprised when I didn't find the Cuttlebug sitting under my Christmas tree, what with the fact that I've brought it up, oh, 245 times a week for the last year. But this week, it went on sale for a fantastic 50% off at Michaels, and in a convenient coincidence, I'm also in the midst of making 75 wedding invitations for Sister #4. It's like the gods WANTED me to have it!
So, tonight, on the last day of the sale, the Captain (that sweet, silly, grouchy man-child) drove a good hour out of his way and bought me my Cuttlebug and 2 embossing folders. Naturally, I've spent the entire evening playing with it. I had to take a break because after embossing everything I could get my hands on, I found myself wondering what would happen if I put some less orthodox materials in there. The tax forms, the curtains, the dog's tail...
Anyhow, I think it's safe to say I may be busy with my new Cuttlebug for the next few days, but I'll try to take breaks to report on my progress.
And, you know, feed the children.

Comments

Janine said…
Yes you must feed the children!!
Lucky you to get the CB!! I love mine... It works beautifully with Spellbinders dies too.
Have fun with it and don't forget to post your invites...

Popular posts from this blog

Hi. I'm Knitwit, and I'm a Purse-a-holic.

This Post Brought To You In 1-Minute Increments

Obama in Ottawa