Round Two


Are blogs even a thing anymore? Let’s find out!

A couple of times a week, I think about this abandoned blog. I didn’t simply forget about it one day and leave it behind. I just couldn’t quite get the posts right anymore. It took a while for me to realize that the blog and my life have outgrown each other, and if things are to ever move forward, one of us is going to have to change.

The bad news is that I can’t go back to having toddlers. And there is not a sad enough emoji in existence to express how I feel about that one.

Once I could talk about two year-olds smearing poop on the walls, playing soccer naked, and generally being hilarious. Now I have teenagers. And anyone who was ever a teenager knows that it’s not cool to violate their privacy all over the internet, whether anyone’s reading or not. And besides, teenagers aren’t hilarious. They’re horrifying.

So, just like in real life, I’m going to have to switch gears here and focus on me. I’m burning this thing to the ground and rising back up, like the phoenix from the ashes. Or, if I’m being honest, more like a confused pigeon covered in soot.

Let’s start again.

Firstly, there are no dogs anymore. Within a five-month period in 2017, they were both gone, leaving me with a big hole in my soul, and only an obsessive-compulsive cat to fill the pet void. My main take-away from this is that cats are not dogs. Even sweet cats with brains the size of a peanut.

A few things are less different. Working continues to not be an option for me, so I stumble around trying to find ways to add meaning to my existence, and this move to the National Capital Region has been really helpful in expanding my options. Yoga has become a very solid feature in my day-to-day existence, and my New Year’s Resolution this year was to master Crow Pose. For those of you not familiar, this is what Crow Pose looks like:

photo via pinterest

If weekly photos of a middle-aged woman falling on her butt and suffering a concussion sound like something you’d enjoy, do stay tuned.

I am now also active with my local autism support group, and I will never, ever give up crafting. Cards, jewellery, sewing and knitting projects call to me all day long, which is why I own three floor-cleaning robots and I still can’t keep my house clean.  My obituary will likely read : “Died trying to finish one more row.”

Frankly, I don't think it's such a bad way to go.

Comments

Hey, I'm still here! The blogosphere is still a thing but mainly for baby boomers now. All the cool kids are over at Instagram these days. It's the hot platform du jour. Even Twitter and FB are losing their top-rank status now.

I'm impressed by Crow Pose -- even an attempt at Crow Pose! Yoga is too difficult for me although I made a stab at it for a couple of years. Now that I've retired (yay!), I've taken up tai chi in a big way. Tai chi is essentially yoga but standing up, as far as I'm concerned. It brings the same benefits of flexibility, core, balance, etc.

Good luck with your new blog focus!
I agree about whether blogging is a "thing". It seems to be that it has migrated to Instagram. Glad to read your post. Looking forward to where this takes you.

Judy
I hear you - teenagers in the house changed what I could, could not or was willing to write about. It's been a transition and a half!

And I stalled. You on the other hand promise me photos of a middle aged woman falling on her butt, so I'm all in!

Glad to hear you are alive and well, and I will try to catch up more...

Frostbite & Sunburn :)

Popular posts from this blog

Hi. I'm Knitwit, and I'm a Purse-a-holic.

This Post Brought To You In 1-Minute Increments

Obama in Ottawa