Spring Break Recap


And poof! Just like that, spring break is over.

Don’t feel too badly for me. For reference, this is what spring break looks like in my neck of the woods:



Those snow banks are so high, it’s getting to a point where I can’t see the neighbours anymore. Which, to be honest, is exactly how I like it. But that’s not the point.

My 13 year-old had three days at a fantastic autism day camp where he had the time of his life, and spent the rest of the break raiding the fridge. My 15 year-old spent the week alternatively holed up in his pit of a bedroom writing code, hanging out with his friends, and raiding the fridge. 

It has just dawned on me why there’s never anything in the fridge.

The other exciting event of spring break:



That’s a full tub of homemade Instant Pot Yogurt splashed all the way from the kitchen to the plasma car (why do we still have a plasma car?!). I won’t rat on who caused that calamity, but I will give you a hint. He’s in the picture. That cat is a real ding-dong.

Realizing I kind of let “spring” break slip through my fingers, I attempted to make the most of yesterday and used a Pinterest recipe to make my own rose water, using some almost-dead roses I bought at the grocery store. Now I have half a jar of what tastes like pink spinach water in my fridge. Maybe one of the hungry teenagers will drink it.

Steak and Guinness Pie tonight. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!


Comments

Cats are always such a joy, aren't they! I saw on your profile the origin of your blog name -- what a great quotation! And it's so often true of life, isn't it.

Popular posts from this blog

Hi. I'm Knitwit, and I'm a Purse-a-holic.

This Post Brought To You In 1-Minute Increments

Obama in Ottawa