Happy June!

I thought I'd better check in again, as the last time I posted I think I may have sounded a tad cranky, and I don't want anyone worrying that I've been wallowing in misery since that curveball the military threw at us a month or so back!

Life has happily carried on, and my house is now back to its original filthy state. Though it does turn out that unpacking is a much slower process than packing was.

Last week we had a bit of a wind storm, and a couple of our old rotten trees out back finally met a tragic end:


Right on top of my gorgeous chain-link fence!
 
The Captain kindly went out there this weekend with a chain saw and took care of the mess, and I propped my poor old fence back up. So no real harm done there, but I'm now on the hunt for a new location for my laundry line. As you can see from the picture, there's no shortage of trees. It's really just a guessing game as to which one's going to fall down next!
 
In other news, I have a long-overdue missing persons report. Has anyone seen this dog?
 
 
We lost him somewhere in Florida back in January, and have been hoping he'd turn up behind my brother's washing machine, or in a forgotten pocket of one of our bags, but now that it's June and he hasn't resurfaced (the hotel, airline and rental car company had no luck locating him either) it does seem that Doggie might be gone for good. Firstborn has taken it far better than I have.
 
And finally, the countdown is on! 18 more school days to go before summer vacation, thus ending my year of substitute teaching (another reason you haven't heard much from me). More importantly, I only have 3 weeks left to figure out how I'm going to keep my kids occupied this summer! Better get on that--yikes!
 
Happy Monday!
 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hi. I'm Knitwit, and I'm a Purse-a-holic.

Obama in Ottawa

Awards and Flowers