So, No One Really Needs Me Then?!

Flying is a little like riding a roller coaster. Well, with (hopefully) less screaming, and a $500 charge on your credit card at the end of it. And when you get off, you find yourself magically transported to the place where your prom date threw up all over your $200 dress and everyone you knew who had a dream in life ended up working at the car plant. Very, very surreal.

My 4-day relaxation vacation was lots of fun. I visited with my family, checked out an exotic new Dollarama, rocked out to Guitar Hero and accidentally abused a geriatric tabby cat. The less said about that the better, really.

I forgot how hot and humid it gets down in the armpit of Ontario. I also forgot that Windsor is the only city in Canada where one of the scenic walking/running trails doesn't have a river or trees running along it for your healthy enjoyment, but instead boasts a long row of tool-and-die shops (the parking lots are impeccably groomed, though). But the lack of mosquitoes was nothing short of heaven, and I found so much great stuff at the gigantic Value Village at the end of my mother's street (HOW does she restrain herself?!) that I'm now in serious need of a walk-in closet. Photos to come. Obviously.

And the Captain and the kids did great without me! I kept calling home under the guise of "just checking in" (though really I was expecting to hear sirens and chaos every time) and they were all having a grand old time. The kids were happy to see me when they got up this morning, but that was really more about the presents they knew I'd picked up for them. So overall, it looks like I'm actually pretty redundant around here.

Three-week Caribbean cruise, here I come!


Comments

Unknown said…
I am so happy to hear that you had a nice vacation and that everything went well at home while you were away!
LOL no they just dont need you when you aren't there! Now that you are back they will need you for everything!

Do you not have Dollarama out west?
Linda said…
I'm glad to hear that you got a chance to enjoy your vacation and that everything went well at home so you didn't need to feel guilty!

Strange going home to visit and seeing how things have changed, isn't it? Even stranger the things that haven't changed!
Aha! So you can plan the next trip with gay abandon. Glad you had a great time - good for the soul.
Lesa Antone said…
Never under-estimate the beauty of a well groomed parking lot! haha

My kids are going to visit my parents on Sunday, the 4th of July, which gives a whole new meaning to Independence Day for me!! Now if only I could find somewhere for the husband to go???

Love your blog...will be back for more!

Lesa
http://LesaSpeaksOut.com
Glenda said…
See, I told you all would be fine! Glad you had a small time for you! All Mom's need that! Even us old ones!
Janine said…
Glad you had a great time!! Looking forward to seeing what you purchased!!
MOMSWEB said…
Isn't it funny how the family acts like they can't do anything for themselves when we're around, but when we leave, they are AOK! I think they play us and we fall for it...over and over again!
I'm sure your vacation was much needed!
Lesa Antone said…
Thanks for visiting my page and laughing at my misery! haha

I decided to turn around my attitude and today I posted an awesome recipe for a brown sugar/honey shower scrub. Just thought you might "need" it!

Lesa
Deb Neerman said…
Book a double, I'm comin' with ya!!

Glad you're home all safe and sound-like ... can't wait to see the photos!

Popular posts from this blog

Hi. I'm Knitwit, and I'm a Purse-a-holic.

This Post Brought To You In 1-Minute Increments

Obama in Ottawa